A few days ago, Aaron Parecki made an emoji detector for PHP. I felt I had to reply to that in style by using it.
So, now my site supports reacji, a reply which contains only of one emoji. In theory, it did already support this, of course, but now I show them as a 'shortpost', next to likes and other things I use icons for:
Hurray for Aaron's detector 🎉
Today, I replied to some people on Twitter, and I was surprised to see 'twitter.com' turn up on my site as the author of the post I was replying to. I now have XRay with Twitter vision, right? Why didn't it work?
It turned out I only use XRay for likes, bookmarks and reposts, but this reply context relied on an old piece of code I wrote myself. It fetches a h-card for the URL, which works for IndieWeb sites with Microformats, but not for Twitter posts.
So I fixed that: now XRay fetches context for replies too:
This is the first step in actually displaying the full reply context on the permalink page. The data is there now!
(Mijn huidige aanpak van Twitter-discussies is zwaar over de 140 tekens gaan en dan naar mijn blog linken. Ik weet niet of het echt werkt.)
Now that I have ways to log in to my site, I kind of need a page, because I am handling with personal information. I believe it's even required for the Twitter login thing, so here it is.
Ik wil best de stemwijzer doen, maar ik weet niet wat ik ga stemmen. Dat maakt de haha-kijk-helemaal-fout-screenshot aan het eind zo lastig.
At some point while building the foundation for this site, I decided to save all dates in UTC. I like UTC, I like timezones in general, and here in Europe we're not that much off UTC either.
In about a month from now, though, the gab between UTC and CET will grow again with one hour, due to 'zomertijd'. And even though there was an explicit 'UTC' behind all the times, it was still confusing for Dutch visitors, who where expecting 'normal' times.
I now show times in Central European Time. There's an explicit 'CET' behind all the times. The Microformats times are still on UTC though, but I added an explicit
+0000 behind all the timestamps, to make clear that it's UTC.
‘Niet dat ik je gesprek afluisterde, maar…’
Net afgeluisterd in de trein.